Machine Translation Pioneer Teams with Oracle’s Subsidiary to Bring Translation Technology to Mobile Communication Devices
Paris, France, 22 March 2000
SYSTRAN today announced today that they are working with OracleMobile.com, an Oracle company focused on the wireless Internet industry, to provide SYSTRAN’s Machine Translation Services to wireless devices. With this new service, OracleMobile.com users can get instant text translation for words in English, French, German, Italian, Portugese, and Spanish.
“OracleMobile.Com is changing the way people use the Internet in their mobile lives,” said Denise Lahey, CEO of OracleMobile.com. “Now, with SYSTRAN technology, travelers on the go will be able to translate words and phrases anytime, anywhere, with the simple touch of a button on their wireless device.”
OracleMobile.com was launched by Oracle Corp. on February 22 of this year to focus on the rapidly emerging wireless Internet market. Offering wireless portal services for consumers and enterprises from leading Internet content providers, OracleMobile.com is effectively mobilizing the Web. OracleMobile.com’s consumer service is free of charge and supports any wireless device with Web or messaging capabilities.
“SYSTRAN is excited to work with OracleMobile.com to bring translation technology to mobile consumers,” said Dimitrios Sabatakakis, Chairman and CEO of Systran. “As the Internet continues to expand internationally, OracleMobile.com has recognized the growing need for translation services to increase worldwide communication.”
- SYSTRAN develops and markets the world’s most scalable translation software architecture that is used for the Internet and by corporate users and individual consumers. SYSTRAN’s core technology underpins products for the Internet infrastructure that contribute towards promoting communication in more than 30 language combinations and 20 specialized domains.
- SYSTRAN’s technology paves the way for emerging opportunities in online commerce, media and communications by enabling the Internet to intelligently accommodate more users and data traffic. SYSTRAN’s translation software runs on all Unix platforms and on Windows 95, 98, and NT. As globalization continues to accelerate, SYSTRAN’s technology becomes more vital for communication.
- SYSTRAN has been a leader in machine translation technology and application for over 31 years. With offices in Paris, France, San Diego, California and Luxembourg and over 100 employees in 3 business units – online (internet solutions), publishing (packaged solutions), and systems (custom solutions) – SYSTRAN continues to enhance human communication by smashing down the language barrier.
- SYSTRAN has a strong history having been designed machine translation software for the European Union and also the US Intelligence service for the past 20 years.
- For more information about SYSTRAN and its online and retail products visit www.systransoft.com.
Oracle and OracleMobile.com are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation.
SYSTRAN is a registered trademark of the Systran Group. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.